I saw this tag on my friend Tawny's blog and I thought it sounded really fun! Like Tawny, I don't do many personal posts and I like to get to know the person behind the blog. I tag all of you reading this because I would love to know more about you! :)
1. I'm a complete music lover. I've been playing piano since I was 5, guitar since I was 12, tenor saxophone since I was 11, flute since I was 16 and drums since I was 18. I hope to learn many more (next being the mandolin).
2. I've been speaking French since I was 5. My Grandma is from a small french community outside my hometown and her first language is french. My parents thought if I went into French Immersion, I could speak with her in french but it didn't work out so well because my Nan's French is pure slang lol!
3. Before this blog, I had a blog with my friend Rebecca called the Rebecca and Ashlee Chronicles. This was one of my favorite posts I wrote for that blog. I think I may have done this post on that blog as well because I feel like I'm having deja vu at the moment.
4. I didn't watch much television until recently. Sex in the City and Gossip Girl is what got me hooked and were the first 2 shows I ever watched religiously.
5. Straight hair is like a disguise for me.. I always wore my hair as my natural curls until grade 12 and then I started to experiment. When I go back to my hometown and I wear my hair straight, people tend not to recognize me.
|Baby Me with my natural curls|
7. I worked with The Body Shop where I did makeup training and learned a lot about natural/community trade products. My manager would always put me on makeup/makeovers because she could see my huge interest in makeup. I couldn't believe I was getting paid to give people makeovers! It was so much fun!
8. My favorite bands/singers of all time are Hedley, The All-American Rejects, Metric, Avril Lavigne and Taylor Swift. I've been lucky enough to see them all live! I've also had to chance to meet some cool bands :)
|Sorry about this one guys :$ lol!|
9. I enjoy and post much more on Instagram and Twitter than I do on my personal facebook page. I mostly use facebook as an external hard drive for my pictures lol!
10. I am a really bad cook and my meals, 90% of the time, consist of grilled boneless/skinless chicken breast or grilled salmon. Before my parents gave me my grill for Christmas, poor Nate had to eat many crazy cooking experiments gone wrong.
11. Speaking of Nate :) we have been together for 3 and a half years. We met when mutual friends threw us a birthday party! My birthday is September 5th and Nate's is September 3rd.
12. I hate the sound of squeaking styrofoam. It gives me the chills SO BADDDD.
13. I am horrified of needles.. One time when my friend asked me to be her moral support while she got her tongue pierced. Such a bad idea! Once he put the needle through, I heard this funny nose and I fainted while holding her hand!! Best moral support ever.
14. I started figure skating when I was 5 years old and competed until I was 16.
15. My favorite restaurant is Cora's! I get the 90's Harvest ever time I go. Yumm!
16. I'm in the fourth year of my Business Administration degree with a concentration in marketing.
17. Before I decided to take Business, I was going to go to Music school and get a jazz degree!
18. I only started getting interested in makeup 4 years ago! It started out with nail polish and spiralled out of control from there! In a good way of course ;)
19. I used to hate cats, but my Instagram today will tell you how I feel about them now. Hint: Crazy Cat Lady.
20. I try to stay away from Oreos because I love them way to much.
21. I don't really like watching movies. I need to really want to see a movie in order to watch it.
22. My favorite colors are blue and yellow!
23. I have a younger brother named Adam who is 19. His video game collection could definitely give my makeup collection a run for its money.
24. As you guys could probably tell by my last post, I'm an Archie comic lover and I own too many issues. My favorites are the Betty and Veronica issues drawn by Dan DeCarlo.
25. My family usually takes a trip every year. My 2 favorite places we've visited are Nashville, TN and Los Angeles, CA. When we got to our hotel in LA, I screeched when I saw the Hollywood sign and gave my parents the biggest fright of life.